Born in Heraklion of Crete, I got a bachelor's degree from Thessaloniki - Aristotle University in Chemical Engeeniring and a master's degree from London Univercity- Imperial College of Science and Technology in the field of "Technology and Development".
During my career, Ι have worked in the Greek Ministry of Research and Technology and the Ministry of Development, the General Directorate 22 of the European Commission (Coordination of Structural funds) and the Greek Regions of Central Macedonia & Crete.The last 13 years I have been appointed Director of the Managing Authority of Crete Region.
The 38 years of my career I got a great experience in the fields of planning and managing European Programs being responsible for the:
1. Coordination of Interregional and cross-border cooperation programs
2. Management of Interregional Cooperation programs between EU Regions and the Eastern Mediterranean countries.
3. Planning of Operational Programmes funded by European Cohesion Policy
4. Management of the Operational Programmes of Crete ( programming periods 2017-2013 , 2014-2020 &2021-2027.
5. Management of Sustainable Urban Development Strategies applied in the cities of Crete Region
6. Planning of Smart Specialization Strategies on regional level.
I have participated as a speeker to a large number of conferences, workshops and seminars, on national anad international level.